From its capital city, Rome, to the bustling coastal towns of Naples and Sicily, Italy has a lot to offer! Some of the most famous destinations in Italy include Venice and Florence, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Other popular tourist spots include L'Aquila in Abruzzo, Pisa and Siena.
Here are five places to visit in Italy that will leave you feeling awestruck:
1. Tuscany - Tuscany is an enchanting Italian region that is well worth a visit. It has about 45 percent of the country's artistic heritage and stunning natural landscapes.
2. Naples - If you want to go for a walk around the Bay of Naples, the sound of the beach and the soft crash of waves will welcome you. In addition, the whole city appears splendid after nightfall.
3. Milan - Milan is known as the city of Italian fashion for its many historical showrooms, stores, and the number of international fashion weeks.
4. Venice - The city of Venice, Italy, looks like a postcard, with its winding canals, pristine cathedrals, ancient museums, art galleries, churches, and public squares.
5. Rome - Rome is home to some of the world's oldest and most impressive monuments, art, and architecture. Perhaps owing to its historical origins as a city that was home to gladiator-style combats, Rome is full of many cultural must-sees.