If anywhere in Europe draws you in, it's Greece! With its stunning scenery and delicious food, it's no wonder this Mediterranean country is such a popular tourist destination. From the ancient city of Athens to the lush greenery of Thessaloniki, there's plenty to see and do in Greece. Whether you're looking for an adventure or just a quick escape, these five regions are sure to whet your appetite.
1. Santorini - This picturesque island is painted in every colour of the painter's palette at sunset. Wander through the streets of a beautiful town like Oia. Beautiful Oia is renowned for its famous sunsets, which flicker through various shades of the rainbow before disappearing into starlight.
2. Athens - The city is known for its numerous archaeological ruins and historical monuments, such as the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Ancient Agora, and the Theater of Dionysos.
3. Crete - Greece's largest island, Crete, is located between picturesque coastlines and splendid mountain ranges covered by verdant fields of olive trees and steep hill slopes.
4. Meteora - The elevated cliffs in Meteora,Greece rise to an elevation of 1,200 feet. Sited next to the villages of Kalambaka and Kastraki, the cliffs can be seen from the north-central mainland of Greece.
5. Peloponnese - The Peloponnese contains traces of countless ancient cultures. Among these is Olympia, where the Olympic Games originated in honour of the Greek god Zeus.